Thank you for taking the time to look at my website. I use this space to share articles on modern arboricultural practices and news, as well as promote myself to prospective customers and fellow arborists.
After studying full time at Merrist Wood College, England, from 2000 to 2002, I have gained a broad experience in tree surgery and arborist roles that have varied from lead climber and crew leader, to estimator and contract management. I have worked in Australia, New Zealand and Canada, as well as various locations around the UK.
I was born and raised on the Isle of Man, which is where I currently operate a small, but mighty, tree management service, Manx Roots. I hold a level 4 Diploma in arboriculture and relevant NPTC certifications, and adhere to BS3998:2010 working practices.
I pride myself in carrying out work that is beneficial to the future health, safety and aesthetic of a tree, even if this means asking the customer to make some compromises. This is how it looks on paper:
- 2015 Level 4 Diploma in Arboriculture from Tree Life AC.
- 2002 NCH Arboriculture from Merrist Wood College.
- 2001 1st Dip Forestry from Merrist Wood College.
- ISA Certified Arborist (PR-4757A).
- Lantra Profesional Tree Inspector (PTI).
- NPTC Level 3 Certificate in Thorough Examinantion of Arboricultural Equipment (LOLER).
- NPTC CS30, CS31, CS36, CS38, CS39, 222, PA1, PA6A.
- Arboricultural Association Technician membership (TechArborA).
- Consulting Arborist Society member.
- Director of the Isle of Man Woodland Trust.
Arboriculture is very much a progressive career for me. Combining my hands-on experience of trees with further education and continuos study, I have now moved into technical survey and report based tree services.
Arborist Ben Brooker, Isle of Man